16 pictures that prove design is important
Design is a fundamental part of our lives. Almost every object that you have in front of you was not only made by someone, it was designed by a person or group of people. Nothing unusual in that, but sometimes there's a problem — people want their designs to be super smart, modern and inventive. They want to leave something that really stands out. Often, they succeed, but sometimes it's for all the wrong reasons, as these 16 examples show...
1. It doesn't matter how handsome you are when your face ends up wrapped round the corner of a box...
2. The trick is not to use a transparent glass... Or to design something that doesn't do this in the first place!
3. Seat reserved for aliens.
4. A sink that looks like someone spread poop over it. Just what you always wanted!
5. I tried counting the floors, but it was impossible.
6. Winnie-the-Pooh. With added dentures. Available for children's parties.
7. What? It's just a safety pin...
8. In case of fire, you are trapped forever.
9. Let me just get one down off the rack for you...
10. Modern art in a hotel dining room. Nice.
11. This place is like Fort Knox.
12. Hands up! This is a robbery... I mean phone call!
13. To annoy your neighbor, break glass.
14. There's a fine line between madness and genius. This designer lives on that line.
15. This T-shirt is only available in men's sizes.
16. "No Steve, now is not the best time to tell me you failed Flood Prevention 101."
We don't want to be harsh here, but what were these designers thinking when they decided "Let's do it like this!"? But even if their designs were no good for what they originally intended, at least they make life a little less boring, right?