Dog with holes in its neck defeats death with the help of her rescuer
On one of his normal tours through the city (tours where he tries to rescue stray dogs from the streets), he stumbled upon a little dog, whose case was surely one of the worst he had ever encountered. The pictures alone will send a shiver down your spine.
The little dog barely reached up to his knees, but the holes in his neck were big enough to stick an entire finger inside. The dog had been doused in boiling hot water every day, suffering indescribable agony.
The inflammation and irritation was some of the worst that he had ever seen. He named the little dog "Anja" and took her away immediately to offer her some help straight away.
The following pictures are hard to bear, but this terrible affliction of pain is what this poor dog had to endure in its life. The only consolation is that a true animal friend took this helpless creature into his loving care.
After arriving home, Anja was put under anesthetics and fell asleep immediately. Wilson finally began his important work.
Disinfectants were given to Anja, and parts of her fur had to be removed. It was the only way to be able to treat the wounds. What Wilson saw was unbelievable.
Following this, Anja was treated for fleas and ticks and was then wrapped up in bandages.
When Anja woke up again, to help her get her strength back, she is fed some delicious dog food. The little dog's appetite gave Wilson the faint hope he needed to know everything would be alright!
And for the first time Anja fell asleep in a safe, dry home, lying on a soft blanket. The wounds wore her out terribly and because she felt so safe, she fell asleep immediately.
Warning: some readers my find the next two pictures disturbing and hard to look at.
The next day, the wounds were inspected. But the shock really set in: maggots had settled deep inside the wounds. Wilson and his colleague had to remove them carefully.
Disinfectant was applied again and even though only one day had passed, the inflammation had already reduced noticeably. Anja was certainly a real fighter!
As a reward for her bravery, the rescuers gave Anja more delicious chow. Anja devoured the feast immediately, down to the last crumb.
Here wounds were treated and washed every day. Even the worst swelling under her jaw began to decrease. Thinks were looking up for Anja.
And then something happened that no one expected: Anja's wounds healed completely. The little fighter was so strong that hardly a scar remained on her flesh. Her fur just needed to grow back.
Wilson adopted the little dog, keeping her until she found the perfect family. And as you can see, the little rascal had no problem staying with her rescuer for a bit longer!
A real heartfelt rescue effort. The world most definitely needs more people like Wilson.