Man loses seven teeth when a vape explodes in his face

For Andrew Hall it was like any morning. He was getting ready to go to work, a routine which included a dose of nicotine provided by his vape pen. But when Andrew grabbed his "electronic cigarette" he had no idea that this morning would turn out to be anything but routine.

The device exploded, shattering into a thousand pieces in Andrew's mouth. The explosion blew out seven of his teeth and left second degree burns on his face and neck. Andrew was left with bits of plastic and teeth stuck in his mouth, throat, and lips. The experience terrified him, but he knew that he couldn't keep quiet. To warn others of the potential danger, he posted some very graphic images on Facebook.

"I've been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn't supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice," wrote Andrew in his post. Andrew's house also suffered from the experience: in a second post on Facebook he wanted to provide evidence and show doubters that he wasn't making anything up.

"The torch marks are on the wall and roof are continuations from my face," he explained when describing this photo.

What Andrew wants now is to warn others about the dangers of using these devices: "I hope to possibly sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking."

Andrew is still recovering and it will take some time for the burns to heal. But he also knows that if those fragments had flown differently, he might not be alive today. Now all he wants is to make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

 

Source:

Daily Mail 

Comments

Also hefty